The big event of this weekend was of course, Matt & Jen's wedding. Some highlights from our perspective:
- The entire wedding party was looking as sharp as ever. The happy couple were especially foxy.
- Speaking of foxy, Matt's mother, Mary, was looking dynamite. She was representing her Italian roots in full effect.
- Matt told me at some point during his bachelor's that we were to be seated at the so-called "Fun Table". Of course, that comes with some downsides:
- For one thing, we were among the last to get "released" to the buffet.
- For another, our table was actually sacrificed for room on the dance floor, so we lost it all together.
- Finally, there's the pressure to perform, which turned out not to be a problem -- I really hope someone with a good sense of humor has the job of going through the disposable camera pictures...
- The Wife has always had a problem coordinating outfits with me when we've gone to things like this. I would often get annoyed because our outfits would often even clash -- it's one thing to not match, it's another to go all black & white while I'm in earth tones... ;) Well, this time we worked it out: I wore my brown sharkskin suit with a red/purple shirt that matched Hezzy's top fairly closely. It paid off, too. The Wife was super-pleased by all the comments we got about our outfits -- the best of which was when one of the photographers came up to us and said "You guys are without a doubt the best dressed couple here." Score! So let that be a lesson, ladies: Treat your man like an accessory and take the time to coordinate his kit to yours (at least a bit).
- At any rate, good times were had by all. Congrats to Matt & Jen on a fine wedding.
Other than that, I didn't do much. I ended up riding the Bonneville for about 70 miles yesterday, so that was cool.