Last Saturday, the Wife, Mother-in-Law, and I hosted a holiday dinner soiree at the Sutton abode. Good times were had by all. A few notes/highlights:
- The slate tile was a big hit. It even survived a couple drunken games of darts.
- The menu was primarily Italian-style fare. We did have crab rolls in split-top hot dog rolls that we'd had shipped from Boston -- they were a big hit.
- We made waaaaaaaaay too much food. Should have forced people to take doggie bags.
- I doubt anyone else even noticed, but I felt the music mix was spot on.
- We had, at one point, three Asians in our house. In Colorado, this is actually worth pointing out. Sadly, though, that was the (almost) full extent of our ethnic diversity.
- I'm actually impressed with how long it took the crowd to get into "Hey! What's this?!" mode at our bar/liquor collection. Absinthe and Japanese Whiskey were the most exotic samples that were poured.
If you didn't get invited and think you should have been, I apologize deeply.
Don't take it personally, though, OK? Good. ;)